Ageless presents...... DadBod Training
Fitness and nutrition advice for dads that like the taste of beer, but not the gut that comes with it.
Enter your first name and email address below to receive the workouts and nutrition tips directly in your inbox.
We value your privacy and would never spam you
You won't win a bodybuilder contest or set a state powerlifting record. But you will....
- Avoid those dreaded man boobs.
- Avoid late-onset male pregnancy, otherwise known as the beer gut.
- Avoid spending more than 4 hours per week in the gym.
- Avoid eating foods that could easily be mistaken for foods your preferred food would eat.
At DBT, we have 3 goals.....
- At minimum, not be mistaken for our dad. At best, be mistaken for our son's older brother.
- Look like we go to the gym, not live in the gym. That means looking healthy in Polo t-shirts, poolside, and mowing the grass.
- Be able to jump in our kids' basketball or softball practice at a moment's notice, and let them immediately know daddy can still ball. Let them never forget who is still top dog.
Good artists copy. Great artists steal. - Picasso
The training programs and nutrition programs I create and use are not new or unique. The principles have been "stolen" by fitness and nutrition experts like Dr. John Berardi at Precision Nutrition, Alan Aragon, Lyle McDonald, Mike Israetel at Renaissance Periodization, Eric Helms, Brad Schoenfeld, Nick Tumminello, James Krieger, and a handful of other coaches. The only thing I added was adapting those principles to the lifestyle of a busy dad.
So yes, some of the things I recommend may not be politically correct. As a busy dad, I may have to a few slices of pizza with the family, a beer with guys, or Hamburger Helper as my dinner protein source. I've taken my artistic license and often substituted better, instead of best, to improve compliance in the face of the chaos that is being the man of the house.
So, I cannot guarantee you'll look like a bodybuilder, be as strong as a powerlifter, or regain your athleticism from high school. Heck, I can't even guarantee you'll get a six pack of abs. However, I can guarantee you'll look, feel, and move better than you currently do. You'll also be healthier and happier, as will your wife and kids. And you'll accomplish all of this without this new, "healthy" lifestyle interfering with your current lifestyle (dad duties).
Where Can You Find DBT?
The good news is that you don't have to join Ageless to use the programs I'll post, nor will you have to go to the nearest Whole Foods to create the meals I'll suggest. If you have a barbell, squat rack, and a few dumbbells, you'll have everything you'll need to lift, and the local store will have everything you need to cook. The bad news is that you will have to do some cardio. Gasp....
I'll be posting on:
- Our Ageless-Gillespie Facebook page.
- Our Ageless-Gillespie Instagram account
- Our blog on our website Ageless Fitness. Look for the blog category DadBod in the drop down menu on the right.
If you subscribe to the newsletter above (it's 100% free), you'll also get everything I post delivered directly to your inbox so you don't have to check 20 different places. I'll also try to directly link some of the important blog posts on this page, as I create them.