Emphasis on FUNdamentals. This class was specifically designed for the next generation of Michael Jordan’s, Peyton Manning’s, and Derek Jeter’s. Its primary goal is to build a firm foundation on which strength and power can built upon later on as the child matures. By doing so, your child has a huge advantage when he begins strength training in high school. He will literally be years ahead of his teammates and competitors
Who: 4th – 8th grade boys and girls
Click here to see current and upcoming events at the gym.
Training sessions include:
- Deceleration – the ability to stop safely and efficiently
- Acceleration – the ability to start and explode safely and efficiently
- Movement patterns – basics patterns like the squat, hip hinge, and horizontal pull that all sport rely on
- Dynamic flexibility – establishing a safe range of motion for sporting movements
- Speed Mechanics – proper foot, arm, and body positioning to make sure there is no wasted movement so your athlete can move as quickly as possible
- Agility Mechanics – proper foot, knee, and hip angles to quickly decelerate and accelerate on the field
Most importantly, we try to make sure our young athletes develop a passion for fitness and athletics. By continually creating small wins and using positive reinforcement, we instill a sense of confidence in your child. In the end, we hope he develops a “growth mindset“, a.k.a “I may struggle with this drill/technique/skill now, but with enough practice I WILL master it.” That is the mindset of a true champion.
The Image Gallery